Saturday, November 26, 2011

Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake–update!

Hey all!  Okay, so I stand by my frozen peppermint cheesecake.  It was delicious and honestly, I kinda think (with some tweaks to the recipe) it would be a fantastic ice cream base.  Anyway, here’s my update on this recipe: line the spring form pan with foil.  I saw that line in the recipe, but I never do that with a regular cheesecake, so I skipped it thinking that whoever wrote the recipe was writing for dummies and didn’t realize the extra step was unnecessary.  Silly Smucker’s. (Cue menacing music.) 

Cut to me slicing into the frozen peppermint cheesecake, scooping out a piece, and realizing that absolutely every little bit of crust was stuck to the bottom of the spring form.  Yes, folks.  My cheesecake was on my plate effectively bottomless.  That’s a problem. 

So don’t make the same mistake I made!  Take the time to line your pan with foil because otherwise, you’re never getting that crust off the bottom.  And it’s just too delicious to waste that way.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with love and joy and family!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment