Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I’m here!

Hello lovelies!  I know I’ve been away for a long time now, but I promise you the end is near.  My final semester is over on Friday and after a quick vacation with The Man this weekend, I will be back and ready to share all my delicious kitchen conquests with you!

In the meantime, just a quick list of some of the great recipes I have coming your way:

    • A series of Triscuit inspired recipes that The Man absolutely LOVES.  We are now convinced that Triscuits are the most versatile food on the planet.
    • Sweet Potato Quinoa Burgers (adapted from the amazing In Sock Monkey Slippers).  I swear these burgers tasted JUST LIKE fried rice from the Chinese restaurant. SO yum.
    • Some good old fashioned Italian comfort food, courtesy of my parents – beef meatballs and fresh tomato salad.  Literally my childhood on a plate.
    • And for when the weather starts to get a bit cooler, my Lemon Chicken Soup.  This is my absolute favorite soup recipe and literally the only one that my boyfriend can eat anymore (same goes for me, actually, now that I stop to think about it).  Canned soup just pales in comparison to this incredibly delicious bowl of comfort, adapted from Giada DeLaurentiis.
    • And last but not least, a new weekly series “Food Network Fridays,” where I’ll be highlighting one recipe from Food Network Magazine or a show on the Food Network (which I fill my DVR with every weekend).  Look for this series to start in September!

I can’t wait to be finished with my final semester and to finally be able to spend more time chronicling my foodventures in the kitchen!

Love to you all-

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment