Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Minute Peanut Butter Cake (in the MICROWAVE!)

Yes, you read that correctly – one minute peanut butter cake that you make in the microwave.  Yes, I was confused as well, just keep reading and I promise it’ll all come full circle.

Okay, so here’s a funny story.  I’m reading through the millions of blogs that I follow on Google Reader and I come across a post by Cassie from Back To Her Roots called “Sweet Saturday: One Minute Peanut Butter Cake.”

Ummm, whaaatttt?!

So I’m immediately intrigued, right?  Because for a no frills cook, what is better than a cake you can make in ONE MINUTE?!  I keep reading and find out that this cake gets cooked in the microwave. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Okay, so now I’m hooked.  I have to try this.  However, while intrigued, I was also EXTREMELY skeptical.  Cakes take forever.  You have to turn on the oven to make one!  It makes the kitchen so HOT.  It’s like 86 degrees outside with 100% humidity.  There is NO way this works.

One Minute Peanut Butter Cake

Ladies and gentlemen, let me be the first to tell you: THIS WORKS.  And it’s DELICIOUS.  Check out Cassie’s post for the recipe.  Just a side note, I’m still eating this and I can’t stop.  I may have to make another one.  AND I added about a tablespoon of dried cranberries into mine as well – amazingggg.  Cassie’s post tells you to cook this in the microwave for 30 seconds, but mine took about a minute, so just use your judgment depending on the power of your microwave. 

I LOVE no frills recipes like this.  Thank you, Cassie!

No comments:

Post a Comment