Saturday, August 20, 2011

Simple Saturday: No Knead Pizza Dough–AKA A Food Love Letter to My Baking Addiction

Dear My Baking Addiction,

I am always on the lookout for quick and simple recipes that I can turn into a bunch of different recipes.  Your No Knead Pizza Dough is EXACTLY that kind of recipe.  It is currently rising on my stove and I can’t thank you enough – EASIEST PIZZA DOUGH EVER.  This will be dinner tomorrow night and frozen for many dinners after.

You’re the best!

Love,

No Frills, Just Food <3

No Knead Pizza Dough – lovingly reposted from My Baking Addiction

2-3/4 cups lukewarm water
1-1/2 tablespoon granulated yeast (2 packets)
1-1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Mix the yeast, sugar, olive oil, and water together in the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with a dough hook.  Mix the flour with the salt and add to the mixer slowly while the mixer is running until the flour is incorporated.  Transfer to a large oiled bowl, cover lightly with a kitchen towel, and allow to rise at room temperature for about 2 hours.  By this point, the dough will have risen and collapsed and gotten flat on top.  Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 12 days.  (I’m going to freeze mine and like it). 

No comments:

Post a Comment